And welcome to my place on the web, were I share.....

Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's a Dog OKOA, You may not understand...

Now this is the kind of thing that needs a Other Kind Of Answer!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The story That started it all.

So
I wrote this.One day you go to bed and you are a blogger whose boyfriend is your only reader, and only because you threaten him if he doesn't, and then you wake up, and your dog is in the paper and and on the news. My dog has fan mail now.

I was joking with a member of the media last night that my beautiful, whining, obsessive-compulsive, sometimes hyper, scared of her own shadow, momma's girl mutt has caused such a wave of attention, but I still cannot sell my car. (Hint, it is still for sale, so if you don't get the dog, you can get the car that has Izzy's shed hair in the back seat!

I have received offers from families as far away as Illinois and New York. Military veterans, people whose dogs recently passed, or people who felt touched. Some can't take Izzy, but wanted to send an e-high-five for my volunteer deployment, or to wish Paul and me well.

I love that people get it. People don't get credit default swaps, they may not be able to name the President of Afghanistan (hint, it is Hamid Karzai). Hell, I am not naming names, but some folks didn't know that Africa is a continent and not a state. But everyone gets this:



So, if it takes Izzy to get people to start thinking about the sacrifices citizens may have to start making to glue this country back together, then she is a happy volunteer.
Just as long as the media people bring milk bones and throw tennis balls while the cameras are in her face.

To everyone who has written, sorry I haven't responded, but I will get to each of your emails and phone calls. I am impressed and moved, so thank you for making a cynic second guess her assumption about Americans.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for Queen Isabella Dogbooty on
Fox 13 tonight.

And PS: There was a question on the Salt Lake Tribune's website as to whether or not I am a "Joe The Plumber Republican Plant." Because obviously, I am single and unemployed and apparently attractive so I should just fall into the arms of Prince Charming to be saved. Dammit. Exposed. I will be waiting (with bated breath) for the GOP to send me my pay check.

Posted by Julianne at
8:50 AM 6 comments
Labels: , , , ,


The Best part, in my way of thinking, I get a great Dog to love and play with, while helping a Service Member Deployed for the USA. A Win-Win Other Kind Of Answer, That is easy and could happen if the first family-to-be should pass on the great offer. Just have to keep looking...

No comments: